Gym Access

The Husky Card is used for access to all three recreation facilities on campus — The Marino Center, The Cabot Center, and the Badger & Rosen Squashbusters Facility. Access to these facilities is based on student status or annual membership fees. Please visit Campus Recreation for more information on fees, building hours, programs and more.

Who receives automatic gym access?

Boston campus registered full-time undergraduate students, full-time graduate students, and full-time CPS grad/undergrad students.

Who may access the recreation facilities for a fee?


  • Graduate students registered for only Masters Continuation
  • Graduate students registered for only PhD Thesis or Continuation
  • Graduate students on clinical/practicum or coop
  • College of Professional Studies students registered for all-online or non-Boston Campus classes

If you would like to opt-in and pay the recreation fee, please fill out the Recreation Fee Request Form in the Student Financial Services portal in the Student Hub. Click on Solutions for Students, log-in with your credentials, select Fee Request Forms, and select the Recreation Fee Request Form

Full-time benefits eligible faculty and staff

Full-time benefits eligible faculty and staff must pay an annual fee through payroll deduction. To enroll in this plan, please visit the Employee Hub account and under the HR Benefits and Services tab, click the “Campus Recreation Membership Payroll deduction” link.

Please be advised that if you are enrolled in classes as an employee, you do not receive student benefits. You must register and pay the annual fee as an employee.

Who can choose to pay an annual access membership fee?

The following are required to sign-up at The Marino Center:

  • Alumni (Alumni can sign-up and pay online via the Campus Recreation website)
  • Retirees
  • Spouse/Dependents
  • Part-time employees
  • Contract vendors
Recent Alumni

There is often a grace period for recent alumni, please check the Campus Recreation website for details on how to sign-up and see other discounts that may be available for you.

If you have withdrawn from Northeastern University or are on a medical leave of absence you will lose your gym access, no exceptions.

Note: Northeastern University recreation staff have the right to deny gym access to any person for any reason they deem necessary. Please keep in mind that gym access is a privilege and failure to adhere to the recreation guidelines could result in the loss of facility access.



4 Speare Commons - Lower Level
Mon-Fri 8:30 AM — 4:30 PM
617.373.8740 (EST)


138 Sage Hall
Mon-Fri 8:30 AM — 4:30 PM
510.430.2128 (PST)